Welcome to your Student Health Plan
Below you will find useful information about the
University of Detroit Mercy
Student Health Plan
Winter Open Enrollmet is now open through January 14, 2024
If you have any trouble with your enrollment or waiver please contact Blue Water Benefits Administrators at UDMSHPStudentInquiries@bcbsm.com.
Premium Payment Requirements
Students voluntarily enrolling in the Student Health Plan will be required to pay the full premium for student plus dependents enrolled at the time of enrollment.
Students residing in the Residential Halls will be required to pay the full premium for dependent coverage at the time of enrollment.
Address information is MANDATORY for payments and mailing of your BCN Member ID Card.
IF YOUR ADDRESS IS BLANK ON THE VERIFY INFORMATION PAGE OF YOUR ENROLLMENT, your insurance coverage will not become effective, and payments will be declined.
Change of Address Information
If you have recently moved, please remember to update your address with the Registrar’s Office. Your address should be a U.S. address. If you do not have a U.S. address, please use the address of the university.
HELPFUL QUICK LINKS
Enroll or Apply to Waive the Student Health Insurance Plan
Access Blue Care Network for Students Enrolled in the Student Health Plan.
NOTE: Students enrolling for the first time in the University of Detroit MercyStudent Health Plan can access the BCN site after receiving a BCN member ID number. BCN member ID numbers will be sent to the student’s email address provided to Blue Water Benefits Administrators at the time of enrollment.
USE YOUR MEDICAL PLAN BENEFITS
Who to contact if you have questions about your health plan
Wellness Center Health Clinic
On-campus health services
Services provided by the health clinic promote preventative health care and foster compliance with the objective and aims of the Center of Disease Control and The American College Health Association.
Our health clinic is a fully equipped medical office, which includes two exam rooms, medication dispensary and a diagnostic lab.
Flexible schedule, same day and walk-in appointments are available.
- Fall/Winter Semesters: Monday-Friday, 10 am-4 pm
- Spring/Summer Semesters: Monday-Friday, 10 am-2 pm
HEALTH SERVICES OFFERED
- Primary care, health maintenance and preventative screening
- Urgent care, acute illness and injury care
- Chronic illness and medical condition management
- Women’s health
- Immunizations and TB testing
- Travel immunization and counseling
- Health and medical clearance for School of Health Professions, School of Nursing and Dental School
- Sexually transmitted infections testing and treatment
- Referral to medical specialists and psychological and counseling services
PAYMENTS/BILLING INFORMATION FOR HEALTH CLINIC SERVICES
- All students, with or without insurance, can receive treatment and services through the Student Health Clinic. Please contact the health clinic for a complete listing of billable services and associated fees.
- Payment for billable services can be made with cash, check, debit/credit card, or posted to the student’s tuition account.
- Charges posted to the student’s tuition account do not state the service or treatment provided, as that information is confidential and cannot be released without the patient’s written permission.
- All Detroit Mercy personal counseling services are at no cost to the student.
How to search for a doctor or facility
Primary Care Physician (PCP)
How to select your PCP
Get your medical bills paid
On occasion, you may have to pay for health services yourself. For example, you may have to see an out-of-network doctor who does not accept your insurance. If this occurs, you can seek reimbursement by submitting a Member Reimbursement Form. The Member Reimbursement form can be easily obtained by visiting the BCN website.